Investigating Effective Factors on Emotional Dissonance Among Nurses (Case Study; Tehran West Region Hospital's)
Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences
This study has investigated the emotional dissonance and it's effective factor's in Tehran West region hospitals , The sample consisted of 315 nurses working at the hospitals,Babak, Erfan, Ibne-Sina, Imam Khomeini, Jam, payambar, Sarem and sherkate naft. 67 percent of the respondents were women and the rest of them were men. Emotional dissonance as the dependent variable in this study using the Maslakh and Jackson Emotional Dissonance Scale(1981) were measured in 9 items, surface acting and
... face acting and deep acting as independent variables using of Grandey Emotional Labor Scale (2003) and Kruml & Geddes Scale (2000) took the form of 13 items. The independent variable, job satisfaction using Hackman and Oldham Job Satisfaction Scale(1975) was measured in 5items. Factor analysis of questionnaire items indicates a good construct validity of the measurement instrument and reliability of questionnaire items which extracted by Cronbach's alpha was suitable. The effect of each independent variable on the dependent variable was measured by using regression model. All independent variables were accounted for about 48 percent of the variability , but the remaining 52 percent were not explained by the regression model. The results showed the emotional dissonance of the nurses is above the average level and nurses feel their jobs are associated with fatigue. The results of the study also shows, surface acting was the most positive effects on emotional dissonance, while variables, job satisfaction and deep acting were the highest negative impact on the emotional dissonance.