SVM and ANFIS Models for precipitaton Modeling (Case Study: GonbadKavouse)

N. Zabet Pishkhani, S.M. Seyedian, A. Heshmat Pour, H. Rouhani
2016 Majallah-i āb va Khāk  
In recent years, according to the intelligent models increased as new techniques and tools in hydrological processes such as precipitation forecasting. ANFIS model has good ability in train, construction and classification, and also has the advantage that allows the extraction of fuzzy rules from numerical information or knowledge. Another intelligent technique in recent years has been used in various areas is support vector machine (SVM). In this paper the ability of artificial intelligence
more » ... hods including support vector machine (SVM) and adaptive neuro fuzzy inference system (ANFIS) were analyzed in monthly precipitation prediction. Materials and Methods: The study area was the city of Gonbad in Golestan Province. The city has a temperate climate in the southern highlands and southern plains, mountains and temperate humid, semi-arid and semi-arid in the north of Gorganroud river. In total, the city's climate is temperate and humid. In the present study, monthly precipitation was modeled in Gonbad using ANFIS and SVM and two different database structures were designed. The first structure: input layer consisted of mean temperature, relative humidity, pressure and wind speed at Gonbad station. The second structure: According to Pearson coefficient, the monthly precipitation data were used from four stations: Arazkoose, Bahalke, Tamar and Aqqala which had a higher correlation with Gonbad station precipitation. In this study precipitation data was used from 1995 to 2012. 80% data were used for model training and the remaining 20% of data for validation. SVM was developed from support vector machines in the 1990s by Vapnik. SVM has been widely recognized as a powerful tool to deal with function fitting problems. An Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System (ANFIS) refers, in general, to an adaptive network which performs the function of a fuzzy inference system. The most commonly used fuzzy system in ANFIS architectures is the Sugeno model since it is less computationally exhaustive and more transparent [...]
doi:10.22067/jsw.v30i1.37346 doaj:4e911b9ba5d542e08074526f0d63bf4e fatcat:pdu4smsrubakzg7kk7mtld5b6a