Identification ; of the Origin of the Red Jungle Fowl Reared by Community in Seluma District

Identifikasi Asal-Usul Ayam, Hutan Merah, Yang Dipelihara, Masyarakat Di, Kabupaten Seluma, J Setianto, Sutriyono, H Prakoso, Dan Zain, Pascasarjana Program, Sumberdaya Pengelolaan, Dan Alam (+7 others)
2016 Jurnal Sain Peternakan Indonesia   unpublished
Red jungle fowl is one of the important species that has the function of ecology, economy and aesthetics. Community in Seluma District have reared the red jungle fowl. Until now, not much studied about the origins of the red jungle fowl being raised by the community. This study aimed to identify informations about the origin of the red jungle fowl breed, the origin of purchase of breeds, the tools used for hunting and the breeds purity. Respondents selection was conducted by using a snowball
more » ... using a snowball sampling method. The data were obtained from the breeders selected as respondents by using a combination of in-depth interviews, questionnaires and a direct observation. The results showed that respondents obtained the breeds as much as 51.11% from buying, 17.78% provision, 11.1% hunting, as well as 9% hunting and buying. Respondents who bought the breeds, 81.24% respondents bought the red jungle fowl from the breeders, 12.5% bought from hunters, 3.13% bought from hunters and breeders and 3.13% bought from traditional markets. Hunting activities were undertaken by 31.11% respondents, while 68.89% did not practice hunting activities. Respondents who did hunting activities, 7.14% used a net, 7.14% racit tools and 85.72% a combination of net and racit. Breeds were purchased by the respondent is hens of 6.25%, cocks 56.25%, chick 6.25% and hens/cocks 31.25%. Breeds obtained by respondents, 17.78% the red jungle fowl, 66.67% offsprings and 15.56% the red jungle fowl and offsprings .The origins of the red jungle fowl obtained from nature by hunting and from the community by buying and giving. The red jungle fowl gained the most dominant obtained from the community as much as 74.07%. The remaining 25.93% is obtained from nature. ABSTRAK Ayam hutan merah merupakan salah satu satwa penting yang mempunyai fungsi ekologi, ekonomi dan estetika. Masyarakat di Kabupaten Seluma telah memelihara ayam hutan merah. Sampai saat ini, belum banyak dikaji asal-usul ayam hutan merah yang dipelihara oleh masyarakat. Studi ini bertujuan untuk mengidentifikasi asal-usul ayam hutan merah, asal pembelian bibit, alat yang digunakan untuk berburu, dan kemurnian bibit. Pemilihan responden dilakukan dengan metode snowball sampling. Data diperoleh dari peternak yang dipilih sebagai responden dengan menggunakan kombinasi wawancara secara mendalam, daftar pertanyaan, dan pengamatan langsung. Hasil studi menunjukkan asal ayam hutan merah responden dari membeli sebanyak 51,11%, pemberian sebesar 17,78, berburu sebanyak 11,11%, serta berburu dan membeli sebanyak 9%. Dari responden yang membeli, 81,24 % responden membeli ayam hutan merah dari peternak, 12,5% dari pemburu, 3,13% dari pemburu dan peternak dan 3,13% dari pasar. Sebanyak 31,11% responden melakukan perburuan dan 68,89% tidak melakukan perburuan. Dari responden yang berburu, 7,14% menggunakan alat jaring, 7,14% alat racit, dan 85,72% kombinasi jaring dan racit. Bibit yang dibeli responden induk 6,25%, pejantan 56,25%, anak 6,25% serta induk dan pejantan 31,25%. Bibit yang diperoleh responden sebanyak 17,78% ayam hutan merah, 66,67% keturunan ayam hutan merah dan 15,56 ayam hutan merah dan keturunannya. Asal-usul ayam hutan merah diperoleh dari alam dengan cara berburu dan dari masyarakat dengan cara membeli maupun pemberian. Perolehan ayam hutan merah paling dominan diperoleh dari masyarakat sebesar 74,07%. Sisanya sebesar 25,93% diperoleh dari alam.
fatcat:blnnvb6rffepvb6vndhri54aeu