Pregnancy Outcomes of Non-Visualization of The Foetal Gallbladder From A Chinese Tertiary Single Centre And Literature Review [post]

Huijing Zhang, Xiaoying Zhu, Jinling Kang, Huixia Yang, Yu Sun
2022 unpublished
Objection To explore the clinical features and prognosis of non-visualization of fetal gallbladder (NVFGB). Methods 65 cases diagnosed of NVFGB in the Peking University First Hospital was collected retrospectively from January, 2019 to December, 2020. Results 49 cases were successfully followed up. Among them, the gallbladder of 21 fetuses (42.9%) was visible later, either in the later pregnancy or after birth. In the rest 28 cases (57.1%), the gallbladders were not seen during the whole
more » ... cy. 11 of 28 fetuses (39.3%) with NVFGB were complicated with other structure anomaly. In the remaining 17 cases of isolated NVFGB (60.7%), one case was diagnosed of congenital biliary atresia, 3 cases of small gallbladder, 1 case of gallstone and one case of irregular size of gallbladder. There are 9 cases who underwent prenatal diagnosis, with 4 cases of abnormal result. Conclusion Prenatal ultrasound plays a role in the early recognize of abnormal gallbladder, which will improve the postnatal prognosis.
doi:10.21203/rs.3.rs-1185379/v1 fatcat:r3gldayoe5cplgeeitqqtsghwa