Total Phosphorus Content in Various Types of Cooked Sausages from the Serbian Market

Vladimir Koricanac, Danijela Vranic, Slobodan Lilic, Dragan Milicevic, Sladjana Sobajic, Milica Zrnic
2015 Procedia Food Science  
In the period January 2014 to March 2015, phosphorous levels were measured in 701 samples of different types of cooked sausages from the Serbian market. The highest level of phosphorus (9.52 g/kg, expressed as P 2 O 5 ) was found in fine comminuted sausage, and the lowest (0.94 g/kg) in meat pâté. The most common (33.38%) range of phosphorous levels was 4.01-5.00 g/kg P 2 O 5 . National Regulation allows total phosphorus content (as P 2 O 5 ) up to 8.00 g/kg. Only three sausages (0.43%) did not
more » ... ges (0.43%) did not meet this requirement, but the rest of the analyzed sausages (99.57%) were safe for consumption, with respect to content of phosphorus.
doi:10.1016/j.profoo.2015.09.044 fatcat:k6sbrj63xfcblm5xnzmt4az64q