History of the Rostov school of obstetrics and gynecology (to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the Rostov State Medical University, Ministry of Health of Russia)
Medical Herald of the South of Russia
In November 1915, the Russian University of Warsaw appeared in Rostov-on-Don, which later became the Donskoy University, and in the present – the Rostov State Medical University. The Department and clinic of obstetrics and women's diseases in Rostov-on-Don were set up as part of the medical department of the University of Warsaw, which was evacuated to Rostovon-Don also in 1915. The founder of the Department was a doctor of medicine, Professor Anastasiy Alexandrovich Sitcinski. The Rostov
... of obstetricians and gynecologists, which is distinguished by continuity, the presence of family dynasties, observance of traditions in the transfer of knowledge, skills, and moral qualities, began with the activities of this doctor. The stages of development of the Rostov school of obstetrics and gynecology presented in the article are of current importance in the aspect of studying problems related to the history of medicine. In order to analyze the scientific directions of the Rostov school of obstetrics and gynecology, the peculiarities of the work of the departments of obstetrics and gynecology of the Rostov state medical University were studied. The assessment of continuity in scientific work and practical activities were carried out. The article presents the features of the development of the Rostov school of obstetrics and gynecology over the past 90 years. The work of individual departments of obstetrics and gynecology, their scientific directions were analyzed.