Performance Evaluation of Groundnut Varieties in Eastern Parts of Ethiopia

2020 Food Science and Quality Management  
Groundnut plays an important role as a food as well as cash crop in Ethiopia. Its production in Ethiopia is found to be constrained by several biotic and abiotic factors. To this end, this study was done with the objective of identifying the high yielding, biotic and abiotic resistance or tolerance varieties in 2019. A total of six varieties were evaluated in RCBD. AMMI showed that environments, varieties and their interaction effects were significantly different. The stability and high
more » ... ty and high yielding ability of the varieties has been graphically depicted by the AMMI bi-plot. The variation for seed yield among the varieties for each variety was significant at different environments. Varieties G1 (Bulki), G6 (Babile2) and G4 (Werer962) were specifically adapted to high yielding environments. G2 (Shulamiz) was the most unstable variety. G1 (Bulki) was more stable in comparison to other varieties. In GGE bi-plot; IPCA1 and IPCA2 explained 48.07% and 25.93%, respectively, of groundnut variety by environment interaction and made a total of 74.00% of variation. Therefore, Bulki (1075kg ha -1 ) and Babile2 (1030kg ha -1 ) were most stable recommended for the study area and similar agro-ecologies and Fedis was the ideal environment for groundnut production.
doi:10.7176/fsqm/102-04 fatcat:q4jhmt7gxvbchfdxfmbluade4e