Sharp foreign body ingestion by a young girl

Riyadh Mohamad Hasan
2018 Alexandria Journal of Medicine  
A 16 year old patient had ingested two sewing needles about 4.5 cm long accidentally that eventually resided in extra intestinal tract position, and being asymptomatic, she ignored the problem for a long period about 2 years. She only consulted the hospital after having symptoms. The needles were located by Xray imaging and retrieved with the aid of C-arm fluoroscope at a laparotomy. Her postoperative period was uneventful. Ó 2017 Alexandria University Faculty of Medicine. Production and
more » ... oduction and hosting by Elsevier B.V. This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC-ND license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/).
doi:10.1016/j.ajme.2017.05.009 fatcat:mc55cdysrzgevjnqoh3fh3r32a