Mitigation of CO2 Emissions in Transportation and Industrial Processes using Renewable Energy Technologies

Toluwanimi Oluwadara Akinyemi, Olayinka John Ramonu
2019 European Journal of Engineering Research and Science  
This study focuses on the mitigation of CO2 emissions in transportation and industrial processes using renewable energy technologies. Carbon dioxide is a colourless, tasteless and odourless gas readily available in the earth's atmosphere, produced naturally by all aerobic organisms. Increased human activities had created a huge gap between the volume of CO2 emitted into the environment and that absorbed by oceans and vegetations. Globally, the transportation sector has contributed more than
more » ... n billion, seven hundred and thirty-eight million metric tons of carbon dioxide from fuel combustion since 2015, while industrial processes also generate greenhouse gas emissions during chemical or physical transformation of raw materials from one state to another in their conversion into finished goods. Analysis suggested that the world can achieve 90% of the reduction in CO2 emissions needed to be within the Paris Agreement via an accelerated deployment of renewable energy and energy efficiency, with the remaining 10% met by other low-carbon solutions.
doi:10.24018/ejers.2019.4.5.1118 fatcat:xo6xxhsfmracxly2bhqudyz5by