2018: um ano que deixou marcas indeléveis na sociedade brasileira

Lucia Regina Florentino Souto
2018 Saúde em Debate  
EDITORIAL Este é um artigo publicado em acesso aberto (Open Access) sob a licença Creative Commons Attribution, que permite uso, distribuição e reprodução em qualquer meio, sem restrições, desde que o trabalho original seja corretamente citado. IN 2018, AT THE SAME TIME AS WE CELEBRATED THE 30 YEARS of the Citizen Constitution and of the Unified Health System (SUS), we experienced moments of profound insecurity and the consequences of the rupture of the national pact established with the end of
more » ... hed with the end of the military dictatorship, which allowed significant advances in field of social rights. From 2016 on, with the parliamentary-judicial-mediatic coup, an agenda of setbacks was instituted, such as the EC-95 (Amendment of the expenditure ceiling), the labor, social security, and cultural counter-reforms, that try to bar racial-ethnic and gender historical achievements, with the old discourse that social rights do not fit into the budget. The consequences of that agenda are already being felt: the return of Brazil to the hunger map, the increase of inequality, the return of measles, the reversal of the fall in the infant mortality rate, and the displacement of health insurances towards the SUS in function the precariousness of work and unemployment. Moreover, the unacceptable epidemic of violence, a true genocide, with more than 160 thousand homicides between 2015 and 2017, mostly young black people. Violence against women, against the LGBT population (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transvestite, Transsexual or Transgender), the execution of human rights defenders, the poison in our diet. The extermination of our population is the most radical expression of our inequalities. Brazil is experiencing a civilizational dispute with global repercussions for its strategic role in international geopolitics. The onslaught of financial capitalism, associated with an oligarchic, enslaver elite, has global dimensions and manifests itself in three strategic dimensions: the affront to national sovereignty, to social rights, and to democracy. Eight billionaires have as much wealth as 3.6 billion people on the planet. The richest 1% has more wealth than the other 99% 1 . Coping with ancestral inequalities is our strategic agenda for its devastating effects. Inequality must be tackled not only in terms of the social, cultural, and ethical aspects involved, but also because it produces disruptive results for the economy, for democracy, and for the environment. In times like this, we must look for examples from our history. The Brazilian Sanitary Reform Movement (MRSB) is certainly an exemplary experience of democratic/participatory construction, of social rights and creation of a field of knowledge -collective health -that explained the social determination of the health/disease process. The VIII National Health Conference, with more than 5 thousand delegates, meant a truly popular health constituent, with more than 140 work groups and a final plenary session that lasted more than 24 hours, with a true spirit of public happiness. The right to health, as stated in our Constitution, takes back to that spirit of collective construction, which we need to reincarnate, the Spirit of 1988.
doi:10.1590/0103-1104201811900 fatcat:v2lpwylkdnefrfk2nbcm5wipn4