The targum (1911:Dec. 6 - 1911:Dec. 20)

No Name Supplied
1911
Some University historians indicate that the Targum was first published as an annual in 1867, but of this we have no extant evidence. In January 1869, the Targum as we now know it, made its appearance as a monthly paper that concerned itself with student "literary contributions" and college news as well as serving as a vehicle for bringing news to alumni and the general public. The newspaper, which originally was for sale, varied in frequency over the years as did its title (The Targum, Rutgers
more » ... The Targum, Rutgers Targum, Rutgers Daily Targum, and Daily Targum). The newspaper has continuously been published since 1869 with the exception of 19 months during the second world war, between February 1944 and October 1945. The Targum was published by the students of Rutgers College, and later Rutgers University—New Brunswick represented through the years as the Targum Association, Rutgers Targum Association, and Rutgers College Targum. As a student organization, the Targum operated under the oversight of the dean of students and student government but in October 1980, the Targum became an independent college paper.
doi:10.7282/t3-8x6h-9p47 fatcat:lq3ta2t44bg4tawmelqwfysffe