A copy of this work was available on the public web and has been preserved in the Wayback Machine. The capture dates from 2018; you can also visit the original URL.
The file type is
Iowa Hoop Structures Used for Confined Beef Cattle Feeding: A Survey
By surveying 13 area extension livestock specialists in Iowa, it was estimated that there are 2,100 hoop structures used for swine production in Iowa. Approximately 90% of the hoops are used for feeding market pigs and the remaining 10% are used for housing gestating sows. It was estimated there were 768 producers in Iowa with hoops for swine. Approximately 50% of the producers are estimated to use composting of manure and approximately 40% composted swine mortalities. Also, approximately 40%doi:10.31274/farmprogressreports-180814-2389 fatcat:r5hsf2noljhxbcxoo3cyuqufsu