Water, Sanitation and its Impact on Environment and Human Being – A Case Study

Harcharan Singh Rumana, Ramesh Chandra Sharma
2019 Transylvanian Review of Systematical and Ecological Research  
The present study was carried out to assess the drinking water quality, hygiene and human health existing in the city of Jodhpur. About 89.8% of houses use household drinking water from supply, and the remaining 10.2% houses depend on public taps or other water sources. Similar results for sanitation and hygiene observed as 97% of houses did not have any garbage disposal facility and in all 10.6% did not have easy access to a sanitary facility. The results of physical and chemical parameters of
more » ... mical parameters of ground water were above the drinking water standards, whereas in the case of household drinking water were within standard limits. The presence of total coliform, faecal coliform and faecal streptococci were showing water contamination which may be the cause of significant prevalence 5.0% (p < 0.001) of gastrointestinal infections.
doi:10.2478/trser-2019-0016 fatcat:g6rcegbbkfcwhkx24nk7nguboe