Hysteroscopic Finding in Patients with Secondary Infertility at Tanta University Hospitals

Enas Gamal Kabeil, Mai Nabil Ageez, Adel Elsayed Algergawy, Ahmed Hussein Abu Freikha
2022 Journal of Advances in Medicine and Medical Research  
About 7.5% of married couples experience infertility. It has been reported that an abnormal uterine finding occurs in approximately 40% of infertile women. The aim of this study was to evaluate the role of Hysteroscopy in diagnosing the abnormalities of the uterine cavity among female having secondary infertility at Tanta University Hospitals. Methods: This study was conducted on 80 women referred for diagnostic hysteroscopy due to secondary infertility. All patients were subjected to complete
more » ... istory taking, clinical examination and routine laboratory investigation. Patients also were subjected to vaginal speculum examination, ultrasound, hysteroscopic examination and hysteroscopic septum resection, hysteroscopic myomectomy. Results: The mean age of the included cases was 31.46 ± 6.07 years, and their median age was 30 years with range 19 and 40 years. The highest percentage of the included cases were in the age group between 19 and 30 years (56.25%) followed by the age group between 31 and 40 years (53,75%). There were 41 housewives (51.3%) and the remaining 39 (48.7%) were working. The highest percentage of the cases came from rural areas (61.3%) and 38.7% from urban areas. Conclusions: Our data are an additional argument to suggest hysteroscopy as part of investigation in infertile woman. Routine diagnostic hysteroscopy and ultrasound should be part of an infertility workup secondary infertility. Obesity is associated with hormonal derangement which are responsible for infertility weight loss should be considered as a first line treatment.
doi:10.9734/jammr/2022/v34i1331373 fatcat:a3uyp672cjcgrjvl2gs4y2icka